Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

How do I change the usergroup name?

Hello.

I just started using the API. How do I change the usergroup name?

Is the correct way to change the usergroup name is to use the following API to override it? Also, if there is another way, please let me know.

https://support.panopto.com/resource/APIDocumentation/Help/html/1b7d2b37-6ec3-7e62-03fe-73aa50b82091.htm

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Answer ✓

Hi Sayaka,

I don't think there is a way to change usergroup name through the API at this moment. You can do this on the UI side only.

At this time the Panopto SOAP API can only create groups, add members, or remove members from them.

I hope this was helpful to you.

Thanks,

Adis

• Answer ✓

Hi Sayaka,

If you really need to rename usergroup I would suggest deleting the original group, and making a new one with the same memberships and proper name.

Also if you need get the members of the group before deleting it, so you can add them after you create a new group.

I hope this was helpful to you.

Thanks,

Adis

Answers

• Thank you Adis.

If I want to change the user group name, and I want to do it outside of the UI, is the only way to create a new user group and re-register the user?

If anyone has a better idea, please advise.