Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Labelling camera streams / Auto-label different stream names

edited May 9 in Feature Requests

We want a way of labelling the different camera streams, rather than them all being called 'Camera' (see image attached). This could either be done centrally or allow users to assign temporary names to them.

We have a lot of different camera streams for our students to choose from, and this is a good thing except when students are trying to flick between streams to find the one they need. It is difficult to keep track of which camera is which. We get feedback from students like 'The left and right camera icons are round the wrong way'. In reality, we cannot control which icon is used for each camera stream.

This request, in combination with the request to allow users to pin all relevant streams, would make a huge difference to the user experience, especially for our neurodivergent users.

5 votes

Tracking · Last Updated

Comments

• Mackenzie BusbyMackenzie Busby Administrator

Hi @Jennifer Watson,

Please note that it is already possible to update the name/label of a stream in Panopto's editor:

I have slightly updated the description of this request to let our team know that there should be a more automated way to "smart label" the streams, instead of calling them all "Camera." I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other feedback to include on this item.

• Michael EspeyMichael Espey Superstar

I think it would make a lot of sense to be able to set it when setting up a Remote Recorder device and/or when you are recording with the desktop app. On the desktop app, I think it would even be OK to prompt the user to enter a camera/stream name as they add sources to be recorded.