Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.

Multi-Language Support

I really like what is coming in the multi-language support, but there are some things that needed to be added here. First, the content language needs to be available to be changed at the session level in addition to the folder default available.

This could be implemented in a few ways (all of which I would like to see):

• In the editor, could be under the "Details" section
  • In Panopto capture, on the "after recording" screen (where you set the name/folder), there should be a drop-down to select the language
  • In the session settings

Beyond the base level implementation, I would like to see something where we could have additional audio/video tracks that change based on the language the user has selected. We have some users using this feature in Zoom (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360034919791-Language-interpretation-in-meetings-and-webinars) and I would like to see something similar in Panopto where each video could have multiple pairs of Primary A/V and captions.

I didn't ask about this at the time, but will setting the language also change things like interface elements, quizzes, etc.? I am not sure if this would be a good or a bad thing, but I wanted to raise the question.

Thank you,

Michael

3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• The player ui should automatically detect the preferred Browsesr Language and switch the UI Language.