Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Is there a way to get a report of videos that have no closed captions?

I didn't see anything in the usage reports that included caption track info. And under the Caption Requests page, I see I can find videos with completed requests, but I am not seeing a way to surface videos uploaded that have no captions imported or added. It would useful to follow up with creators who haven't added captions to help them make their content more accessible. Thanks for any suggestions.

Answers

• In the past, I've requested a report from Panopto, for captioned videos. It would be great if we could generate the report ourselves in the Panopto stats feature.

• +1 on the "you can contact support" thing. I would love to see both a captioning report as well as an option to filter searches by caption states (ASR, Human, None, then languages) at some time in the future.