Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

manage session fields via manifext.xml on upload.

Hi, I asked this before but it disappeared after I edited it....

Mass migration from another video provider to your service. I am using the API to upload video files. I would like to know how to alter the manifest to use the original files creator and created date for the session owner, videographer and creation date.

elt = etree.Element('Owner')
elt.text = '[email protected]'
root.append(elt)

elt = etree.Element('Videographer')
elt.text = '[email protected]'
root.append(elt)

elt = etree.Element('Date')
# elt.text = datetime.now().strftime('%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S.000-00:00')
elt.text = '2016-03-23T19:58:25+00:00'
root.append(elt)

This doesn't work to update the session metadata. Session upload works fine btw and other metadata is being updated correctly.

Answers

• Options

Date works fine now - just need the owner and videographer info updated.

• Options

I just created a new user named after the migration service and use that to authenticate since it appears that the manifest doesn't accept custom fields. The date is still working and the meta data can be updated to match the original data and everyone will know where these videos came from ;)