Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.

Hide a stream rather than permanently delete

edited March 2021 in Feature Requests

Hello,

It would be great if users could, in the editor, just hide a stream, rather than permanently delete it. I always get nervous about deleting a stream in case I mistakenly delete the wrong one or then decide at a later date that I want it back.

Thanks for your consideration and apologies if this has been requested elsewhere - I couldn't see it anywhere though.

Jo

6 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Hi Jo

I feel like this was mentioned at the roadmap call a few weeks back and will be a feature at some point down the road. Does anyone else remember this?

Kevin

• That's actually what editing a multi-stream recording does: Hides that portion of a stream.

Of course you can't do that with the primary stream since it currently also contains the audio.

When I've replaced the primary video stream in the past, sometimes I've left the existing one and just used the editor to hide it rather than removing it from the session.