Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Unable to call a certain Class in the SOAP API..

edited July 2021 in API

Top of Class

$this->rrmclient = $panoptoclient->RemoteRecorderManagement();

function in class below....

public function change_recording_recorder($sessionID,$newRecorderID){

$sessionID = '2342342342342';

$remoterecorder = new \Panopto\RemoteRecorderManagement\RecorderSettings();

$remoterecorder->setRecorderID($newRecorderID);

$remoterecorder->setRecorderID('234234234234234);

$remoterecorder->setSuppressPrimary(false);

$remoterecorder->setSuppressSecondary(false);

$recorderSettings = new \Panopto\RemoteRecorderManagement\ArrayOfRecorderSettings();

$recorderSettings->setRecorderSettings([$remoterecorder]);

$updaterecording = new \Panopto\RemoteRecorderManagement\UpdateRecordingSettings($this->auth,$sessionID,$recorderSettings);

$result = $this->rrmclient->UpdateRecordingSettings($updaterecording);

echo $result;

return var_dump($result);

}

WHEN we call this function we get

Message: Function ("UpdateRecordingSettings") is not a valid method for this service

Is this no longer an functionable call to the SOAP API?

Tagged:

Answers

• Joe MalmstenJoe Malmsten Panopto Employee

Hi Robert, 

I have looked over the code you provided and the API call in question and to me everything looks correct. I tried to recreate a similar call and had no issues. 

The error you provided looks like there may be an issue in the client side code used to create the API request. Was this code recently edited or updated and could the UpdateRecordingSettings definition in your PHP code be incorrect? 

Thanks, 

Joe

• We discovered it was an OLD WSDL file that didn't have the called function for the service....would've been nice to get a better message back in terms of error but oh well crisis averted...

Could have been averted really if they would develop their REST API ....