Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post
Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Ability to Embed Videos "Shared with the Organization" - Without Making Public
Currently, only video "creators" can embed videos. One can embed public sessions (with copy/paste code) -- Not a good solution to force making publish for sharing; One CAN'T add shared clips in "edit" mode.
Use cases that would benefit with this feature:
- Embedding university shared videos (resources, course content, announcements, etc.)
- Embedding consistent university branding in all videos videos, such as:
- Making video bumpers / credits available without the production hassle
- Members could "add clip" feature to insert the shared video(s)
- If branding/university credits need to be updated, the original clips can be "replaced" -- without members having to edit their videos
- Make the experience more consistent with other platforms, like Vimeo and YouTube (share icon)
Possible solution: Add a "share icon" feature in Editing -> "add clip"; provide ability to browse shared folders/videos; add a "search" by video feature.
Thank you Panopto team!