Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

What is the correct way to create a live streaming session in Panopto?

Hi, I have a simple .Net 5 web app(c#) that generates a block of recording sessions. It's working fine for normally scheduled sessions, but not live sessions.

I am trying to create the live webcast Panopto session that users can live stream like this:

scheduleResult = await recorderClient.ScheduleRecordingAsync(

recorderManagementAuth,

schedulingEvent.SessionName,

schedulingEvent.SessionCatalogId,

schedulingEvent.IsBroadCast,

schedulingEvent.SessionStart.ToUniversalTime(),

schedulingEvent.SessionEnd.ToUniversalTime(),

recorderSettings.ToArray()

);

Even if I manually set `IsBroadCast` to true, I never get a live streaming session.

Is there any other property I need to set?

Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Hiroshi OhnoHiroshi Ohno Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Chris,

Thank you for posting.

Am I correct that you succeeded to schedule a recording as a live streaming in the end?

For your secondary question about the link to the session, you may query the target session by GetSessionById method (Panopto.Server.Services.PublicAPI.V46.Soap.ISessionManagement) and refer ViewerUrl field.

Answers

• UPDATE: So what I did is correct. However, I now realize my issue is getting the link to the session that is webcast. How does one get this URL?

thanks!