Product & Service Update 2021-09-09: New features incl. Microsoft Teams integration and bug fixes
Please note: This update will be applied at the end of business hours on Sept. 9th for the North America, Canada, and European clouds and the end of business hours on Sept 10th for the Asia-Pacific and Australia clouds.
- Microsoft Teams integration — The Microsoft Teams meeting import feature is now out of beta and generally available. This integration allows enterprises and educational institutions to securely and automatically import recordings of Teams Meetings into their Panopto on-demand video library, where they become searchable and shareable at scale inside businesses and across virtual and physical campuses.
- Added ability to create End User License Agreements (EULA) with rich formatting like bold, italics, headers as well as adding links, images, and tables. For more information, please see How to Add an End User License Agreement (EULA) to Your Panopto Site.
- Panopto has made a small behavior change to the Zoom meeting import feature.
- Current behavior:
- Panopto Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) ran on all imported Zoom recordings in order to generate captions that could be added to the recording from the Panopto editor.
- Once the Zoom ASR captions were made available, they would be imported as the default caption track for the recording.
- New behavior:
- Panopto will not immediately run ASR when a Zoom meeting is imported.
- When Zoom provides their ASR caption file, typically 1-2 hours after the video is available, we will import it as the recording's default caption track.
- If Zoom does not provide the ASR caption file within 3 hours, Panopto ASR will run at that time and serve as the recording's default caption track. Please note: Customers who use a language that Zoom transcript does not support should configure their site to ignore Zoom's transcript. Please contact Panopto Support to change this setting.
- Current behavior:
For customers that aren't using Zoom's transcript feature, we strongly recommend turning it on using this help article.
- Improved the experience to add multiple clips adjacent to each other using the "Add a clip" feature in the editor.
- Fixed a rare issue where viewer and podcast encodings could fail to process.
- Fixed an issue where copying sessions with audio or video quality issues could cause the copy to have processing failures.
- Improved the Panopto app for Microsoft Teams so that an end-user may reauthenticate the Microsoft account when Panopto integration lost access to Microsoft API under certain rare conditions.
- Fixed an issue where the Panopto app for Microsoft Teams displayed the 'Authenticate' button for a team even though a different user already configured that team and the button would no longer work.
- Fixed an issue where the Panopto app for Microsoft Teams navigated to the Personal Meeting tab after the configuration for a team completed.
- Added a feature to the Panopto app for Microsoft Teams so that the import of personal meetings may be paused.
- Improved the Zoom integration so that administrators may know which user(s) connected or reconnected the Zoom account to Panopto in the log.
- Fixed an issue where, sporadically, Zoom meetings were not imported because Zoom API returns an error intermittently.
- Fixed an issue where the Panopto button in the Canvas rich content editor could be disabled when reprovisioning Canvas courses, depending on the Canvas ID Provider settings.
- Fixed an issue where the Panopto Viewer would not respect the ID Provider name passed in the query parameters when a user was not yet authorized. Links to the viewer page that contain the "instance" query parameter with a valid ID Provider name will now attempt to automatically log the user in using that ID Provider.
- Fixed an accessibility issue in the viewer where replying to a comment was not keyboard accessible.
- Fixed an accessibility issue where the controls for copying a link, copying an embedded link, and sharing to Facebook or Twitter were not keyboard accessible in the new video or folder sharing experience.
- Fixed a bug where anonymous views were not included in analytics dashboard summary tiles.
- Fixed an issue with video playback in the editor where some media file types would fail to play.
- Fixed an issue with discussions and discussion notification emails where users could see the first and last names of other users when "Security - Discussions - Display Names" was set to false.
- Fixed a recent regression where an internal role would show up as an available role when sharing content with other users or groups.