Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Logs that show when a video is created, rejected, approved, and/or deleted

Pauline CooperPauline Cooper Whiz Kid
edited October 2021 in Feature Requests

When there are more than one approver attached to folders, it is beneficial to see the approval steps in the logs, showing when a video is created, rejected, approved, and/or deleted. I know there is a custom report that can be requested and put in queue, but I am unaware of that information showing up on the Log tab in Settings for a video, see below for example:

6 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Options

Also if possible show with which settings the recording has been done.

• Options

I think having a set of folder-level logs would be a great addition. There is some capacity to obtain some of this information through support now with Audit Logs, but having this be something that is available right in the folder would be a huge help in urgent situations.

I think if this is implemented, having this log be filterable by type of action, user, time range, etc. would be needed as these logs would likely get long very quickly.

As a side note, this would be a great place to log retention policy actions.

• Options

@Michael Espey Yep, I am aware of the audit logs, but agreed, looking for something immediate to help in urgent, at the moment, situations. Having the audit logs filterable would be amazing and log retentions there would be good too.