Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Set a default thumbnail for a specific folder

Hi

I’d like to know is there is any possibility to have a specific thumbnail, by default, for every video uploaded or programmed to a specific folder?

Use case: one of my colleagues is programming every month all the recordings for our amphitheatres and has to manually add a thumbnail image for each recording. Having a default thumbnail for a given folder would be quite useful and save time.

Thanks, and take care

JMC

10 votes

Tracking · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    KathrynKathryn Administrator

@CORMIER Jean-Matthieu Hi! This currently isn't possible, so it is a great feature request. Right now, uploaded thumbnails are just able to be added to one video at a time.

• Options

Hi

Thanks for answering. What is the next step in order to have this feature integrated into Panopto ? I'm sure other users would be interested in this as well.

Best regards

JMC

• Options
    KathrynKathryn Administrator

@CORMIER Jean-Matthieu Since this is in the forum as a feature request, other users can vote on it. Panopto considers the top requests strongly when deciding what features and options to build in the future. So the step would be encourage others to vote on your request if they are running into a similar issue.

• Options

Hi,

I'm just trying to bump this post in order to gather interest. Please consider upvoting this :)

Take care

• Options

We have a couple of teachers that would like to set the preview image for all recordings they make ( static image ).

Doing this via the folder settings would be a nice way to enable this.

Additionally, a feature where you can define a static image with dynamic text would be even better.

For instance an image for the faculty, where you define where to place the recording's title and teacher, and this get's added to the static image per recording.