Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.

Obtain via REST/SOAP the processing percentage of an uploaded file

Hi,

We have developed an app which does massive multithreaded transfers of video recordings from a Blackboard Collaborate course to the Panopto course folder. I have been toying with the idea of a React-like dashboard which tracks the progress of each file as it goes through the transfer/upload lifecycle. Ideally, this would be the percentage of the "Processing:" string in the GUI or in the "Processing" menu page, under the progress column.

I've looked at whether the current SOAP or REST APIs can return this value but haven't been able to find it. For example, I believe the status information can be obtained by polling the State variable in the JSON returned by a call to the appropriate URL in Panopto, supplying the upload Id as an argument ; a similar mechanism would be perfect.

This is my first feature request, so let me know if it's sensible and/or if any additional information is needed.

Thanks

Cristiano

4 votes

New · Last Updated