Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Content Language folder setting

Hi.

I was trying to find a way to set the Content Language setting on a Folder:

Looking through the docs for both REST and SOAP, it doesn't look promising, but thought I'd ask anyway.

Given the limitations on the (request for) automatic speech captioning in Panopto, it would be good if scheduled recordings could have their parent folders set up with the most likely used language in advance.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Vegard,

Unfortunately, we do not yet have a way to modify the content language on a folder using either of our APIs. We are working to expand our REST API, and do plan to add an API endpoint to manage additional folder settings, including the Content Language in the future. I've added this specific setting as a feature request for our REST API as well.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin