Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Student submission - option to see each others videos

When a teacher creates a student submission in for example Moodle, it would be nice with an option to make it possible for students to see each others videon uploaded to the folder.

4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Options

Daniel,

Not exactly the same, but you can create Assignment folders as a special subfolder, and allow students to see one another's videos in there:

I don't know if this goes to a Moodle gradebook however. We're a Blackboard school, and this doesn't go to the gradebook in BB, but using the student submission option does.

Kevin

• Options
    edited March 2022

Hi Kevin, Thank you for your great tip! This helps a lot for us, much easier than our current procedure.

It seems like there is a difference between Assignment folder and student submission. So if I understand it correct, student submission goes to the grade book and students can not see each others videos. But assignment folder is more flexible and does not link to the moodle grade book.... Anyway this option is much easier to work with than how we have done it earlier :)

• Options

Daniel

That's how it works for me as well. In Blackboard, an instructor could manually create a grade book column if they wanted to use the Assignment folder but still have a grade for a video. Not sure if Moodle allows you to do that.

Kevin