Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Better insight into videos restored from archive

With the new storage-based hours buckets, it's more important to know how often your users restore videos from the archive, moving them from one hours bucket to another. I've spent a lot of time analyzing report data trying to figure out how we can stay under our quotas but restored sessions are one variable I can't account for easily. Panopto doesn't provide any tools specifically for this; one could utilize various reports and analyze changes over time, but there's no one-stop solution for determining how much content was restored in a given time period. I have two parallel suggestions:

1. Restored Sessions Report - create a new report with information (id, folder, owner, length, etc.) for sessions that were restored in a given time period.
  2. Add a new tab to the Content Retention area for restored videos, perhaps similar to the current Audit tab, with data that can be downloaded in a structured format (e.g. CSV)

It might be important, for either of these suggestions, to be able to distinguish why a session was archived, too. The report, for instance, could contain a column stating which retention policy placed a session in the archive or whether it was by user action (and which user).

9 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• Options

I was recently looking for some of this information and if I had something dedicated to tracking when a user intervenes in the content retention process it would save me a ton of time. This is a great suggestion!

One suggestion for the restored sessions report: it would be great to know which individual restored the session, and the role that they hold in that context.