Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.

More Intuitive Folder Structure Interface

Bonnie PowersBonnie Powers Crackerjack
edited August 2022 in Feature Requests

I find the Panopto folder structure interface (icons and layout) dissimilar to more common interfaces like one would see in Windows or IOS.

This has lead to students (and other users like me) not noticing that there are subfolder within a folder where they might find the video they are looking for. Even though I am familiar, I overlooked the existence of subfolder MULTIPLE times.

I would like to suggest a more commonly used graphic user interface more similar to what you see in the BROWSE menu or would see on Windows or Mac to make it more intuitive to all users. Specifically

• 1. larger folder icons and names
  • 2. nested vertically with arrows to open them
  • 3. including and item count in each folder so you don't have to open folder just to find out they are empty
  • 4. Move or add "Add Folder" Icon to menu that includes Filter by Date and Refresh above

I love Panopto and just want to make it as awesome as possible.

Bonnie

10 votes

Tracking · Last Updated

Comments

• Agreed. The folders in the right pane need to be larger. Something like the UI people see on Windows or Mac OS. Different colors or shading may also be helpful.

• I agree that the folder layout could be improved. Where there are multiple sub-folders the "Show all..." option is often overlooked.