Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

GetSessionsById() throws exception

Hi.

Whenever I call ISessionManagement.GetSessionsById() with a Session ID, it throws an error. If I call the method using a so called Delivery ID, it works fine. Is this to be expected?

"Invalid Session Id xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx for user: nnnnnnnn:xxxxxxxx, at accessLevel: "The current user does not have access to call this method."

The user has admin access.

I found a workaround by searching the Session ID using GetSessionsList(), but the other method would be an easier and safer approach.

Thanks for any insight or advice.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Vegard,

Yes, you should be using the Delivery ID when calling GetSessionsById(), rather than the Session ID if you are getting the ID from the Panopto Web application. That can be a point of confusion, but all of our APIs that have a Session ID parameter are actually referencing the Delivery ID.

If you are using another API call to get the session list (such as GetSessionsList()), the ID returned for each session will be the Delivery ID, and is the correct ID for any further API calls that require a session ID.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

Answers

• I got told the same thing when having a nice talk with a Panopto employee. Seems there are some historical reasons for this. It's confusing when you don't know, but now all's good, thanks!