Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Using the Soap API looking for specific folder by name...getting an wildcard type response....

Hello there...using the code below to get back folders from a name based query. I don't need to see ALL the results...and it appears that this is limited to 25 anyway... If I want to see if there is a 'LAWS' folder I don't want to see LAWSS or BLAWSS I just want to see the LAWS folder...

When I do this I get a list of folders back which contain LAWS...I just want to see a LAWS folder..... any suggestions?

public function get_folderid_by_foldername($name) {
        try {
            $param = new \Panopto\SessionManagement\GetFoldersList($this->auth, new \Panopto\SessionManagement\ListFoldersRequest(), $name);
            $folders = $this->smclient->GetFoldersList($param)->getGetFoldersListResult();
        } catch(Exception $e) {
            throw new SoapFault('client', $e->getMessage());
        }
        if ($folders->getTotalNumberResults() > 0) {
            $folder = $folders->getResults()->getFolder();
            $folder_id = $folder[0]->getId();
            return $folder_id. ' '.count($folder);
        }
        return false;
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Joe MalmstenJoe Malmsten Panopto Employee

Hi,

I do not think we have a way to do exact name based searches at this time.

If you are looking for a specific folder and you have access to the folder Id guid you could use the GetFoldersById endpoint.

https://support.panopto.com/resource/APIDocumentation/Help/html/84301a09-177d-46ed-097e-0eeb6fce3584.htm

Thanks,

Joe Malmsten