Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

How can I retrieve the SessionId when uploading via the REST upload API?

After uploading one or more videos for a session, I would very much like to communicate the link to that new session to the owner of the folder containing the session. I followed the instructions on How to Upload Files Using the API (panopto.com) and indeed succesfully created a few sessions with multiple videos in one session.

As we can see in the example response on the instruction page, the SessionId we receive from the /PublicAPI/Rest/sessionUpload call is null.

How can I retrieve the SessionId when uploading video's via the upload API?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Joe MalmstenJoe Malmsten Panopto Employee
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Hi,

I believe that the SessionId field won't be listed in the response until Panopto starts to processing the Session.

What I think you can do is upload the session with the POST request, then start polling the status of the session upload with the GET request using the sessionUpload Id. Once the session has started processing then the sessionId field should be populated.

Thanks,

Joe Malmsten

Answers

• Options
    Erik BoonErik Boon Tyro
    edited December 2022

Thanks Joe, I will look into that! Although with this construction, uploading a lot of video's might become a time consuming process. But on the other hand, Panopto will be able to keep up the pace of the uploads.

Update: I tried this call and it works well! The time between uploading and starting of the processing isn't too bad so this provides a working solution. Thanks again!