Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

How to record without audio in Panopto

Hi guys,

Does anybody know how to record without audio?

When I turn Audio source to None, record button becomes not selectable.

Thanks,

Eduard

Answers

• Options

There is an option to allow recording without an audio source, but doing this alone will not result in a recording that can be played without adding in a silent audio track after the fact. The option in the recorder is intended to be used with distributed recording where you are joining two devices into the same session.

If you are using Windows, you can enable the Stereo Mix source to just use the PC audio as the audio source as a workaround.

• Options

Hi Mike,

Thank you for answer.

Do you know if it is possible to record a video without any sound, silently?

I only need video, not interested in audio in my videos.

Thanks,

Eduard

• Options

The easiest option when using the desktop recorder is to record with the "Stereo Mix" (which you may need to enable) on a Windows computer, then mute the sound on the computer. This will capture an audio track but because it is bringing in the muted audio stream from the computer, there won't be any sound in the video.

As an alternative, you should be able to record with Panopto Capture (the browser tool) without an audio track selected and that will produce a recording that is playable and silent.

• Options

Hi Mike,

It would work.

Thanks.