Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Enable recording with Audio NONE

Problem description:

When I turn Audio source to None, record button becomes not selectable.

Feature Request:

Enable Panopto Recorder to record/capture silent videos(videos without audio) in easy and user friendly way.

For example: I would like to record my desktop without any sound or surrounding noises.

Looks like Panopto recorder doesn't allow this.

Thanks,

Eduard

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Evelin PfeifferEvelin Pfeiffer Panopto Employee

Hello Eduard,

you could use our webbased recorder Panopto Capture https://support.panopto.com/s/article/How-to-Create-a-Video-Using-Panopto-Capture where it is not necessary to select an audio source.

Or your can record with your microfon muted, the alert notification can be disabled in the Advanced settings of the Panopto for Windwos recorder.

Best

Evelin

• Options

Hi Evelin,

Thanks for workaround.

Based on your response I understand that Panopto recorder and Panopto Capture are not the same.

Panopto Capture is not ideal and not preferred..

1. It is web based and rely on internet connection in order to record.
    2. It records itself and requires video editing to remove itself from recording(snapshot below)
    3. Not easy to find Tab with Stop button in Chrome with 25 Tabs.

Panopto recorder is my preferred video capture tool.

1. Installed locally on user machine
    2. Independent
    3. Doesn't rely on Internet connection
    4. Uses short keys to Start, Pause and Stop recordings

The request is to add "No Audio Recording" option without workaround in Panopto recorder.

Thanks,

Eduard

• Options
    Evelin PfeifferEvelin Pfeiffer Panopto Employee

Dear Eduard,

I do added you to the feature request, however, this is not currently planned.

Information on the roadmap will be available in the next month.

Kind regards

Evelin