Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Downloading PPT slides and PDF in embedded videos.

Hi Folks,

If I attach slides and/or a PDF to a video that I want students to download, can they only download or view that content in the web viewer and not in the embedded player? It looks that way to me right now in testing but just want to be sure I'm not missing something else.

Thank You.

Answers

• Options
    KathrynKathryn Administrator

Hi Kevin,

PDFs should be visible in the embedded player. They appear at the beginning of the video and can be downloaded. This is according to this support article (step 1.5.a.)

Slides should appear in the embedded video as well, but I believe they can only be downloaded from the web viewer.

• Options

@Kathryn

Any reason why this would work for me in Blackboard but not in Brightspace?

Is there a setting we're perhaps missing?

Thank You

Kevin Hartman, University at Buffalo

• Options
    KathrynKathryn Administrator

@Kevin Hartman No reason that I'm aware of. Would you like me to open a support ticket for you to see if we can get to the bottom of it?

• Options
    Kevin HartmanKevin Hartman Whiz Kid
    edited April 2023

@Kathryn

Let's hold off for a second. I got it to work with a different video and PDF, so may have just been a fluke. The original video I embedded was also a 360 video, so maybe that had something to do with it.