Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Notification of an issue affecting processing of some automatic machine caption requests

Bill WolfBill Wolf Panopto Employee

Hello - We want to let you know about an issue with the processing of some automatic machine caption jobs.

What is the issue?

Since March 30th, automatic machine caption jobs will be stuck in an “In Queue” status if another automatic machine caption job was previously completed. This occurs whenever the caption language is changed after automatic captions have already been imported on a video.

Which versions of Panopto are affected?

Panopto Cloud

How do I tell if this affects me?

Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to System> Caption & Translation Requests.
  2. Change Filter By Service Provider to Automatic Machine Captions.
  3. Observe any requests with the status “In Queue” with a Date Requested on or after March 30th, 2023.

How do I mitigate the issue?

1. Make a full copy of the affected video(s).
  2. Delete captions from each copy.
  3. Request new machine captions with the desired language.

When will this be resolved?

This issue is being worked on with a target resolution date of May 5th.

We are also working on a mitigation plan to unblock any currently affected caption jobs as soon as possible.

For any questions, please contact Panopto Support online at support.panopto.com.

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓

All machine captioning requests that were stuck in an "In Queue" status as a result of this issue have been successfully reprocessed.

Please contact Panopto Support if you need further assistance.

Answers

• Options

This issue was resolved in all cloud environments with our latest release on May 5th. New caption requests will no longer be impacted.

We are continuing to work on a mitigation plan and will provide another update later this week.