Notification of an issue affecting processing of some automatic machine caption requests
Hello - We want to let you know about an issue with the processing of some automatic machine caption jobs.
What is the issue?
Since March 30th, automatic machine caption jobs will be stuck in an “In Queue” status if another automatic machine caption job was previously completed. This occurs whenever the caption language is changed after automatic captions have already been imported on a video.
Which versions of Panopto are affected?
How do I tell if this affects me?
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to System> Caption & Translation Requests.
- Change Filter By Service Provider to Automatic Machine Captions.
- Observe any requests with the status “In Queue” with a Date Requested on or after March 30th, 2023.
How do I mitigate the issue?
- Make a full copy of the affected video(s).
- Delete captions from each copy.
- Request new machine captions with the desired language.
When will this be resolved?
This issue is being worked on with a target resolution date of May 5th.
We are also working on a mitigation plan to unblock any currently affected caption jobs as soon as possible.
For any questions, please contact Panopto Support online at support.panopto.com.