Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Download/Save Video to iOS Device (if user has permission)

On the web client, I can download a video as an admin, or a user that's been granted permission to do so. In the app, I can download (i.e. "save to offline"), but there's no option to save that video outside the mobile app (iOS) to my iOS device. I use this as an admin sometimes when someone requests a copy of the video for consumption outside Panopto (e.g. external contractors) or when I need to upload it to another kind of web service. I'd like to be able to do this from my mobile iOS device and not wait until I get back to my desktop/laptop.

1 votes

Tracking · Last Updated

Comments

• Options

Does going to your Panopto site in Safari not allow you to download the MP4? Perhaps by telling it to request the desktop site?

• Options

Safari does allow downloads, but when I use this method, I have to log in every time with SSO (because I don't use the desktop site everyday on my phone). The iOS app however, keeps my login cached, and that's where I watch the videos. It would just be a nice addition to the current download feature if we could save it to an external folder from within the iOS app.

• Options

Ah. I understand the need and desire, but I think that may present a huge security concern because it would probably also allow students to do the same thing.

At least currently.