Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Automatically allowing a Personal folder with SSO?

In System - Identity Providers - I have set here to enable personal folders, but with newly created users via SSO, I still need to edit their account and permit the User folder... is there a way to have this be automatic?

Answers

• Options

They should be coming in with Personal Folders as long as that setting is enabled. We've had that setting on for our Shibboleth provider for years and it has been working for us recently, just doing some spot checking.

The only thing that I can think of, and I am not sure the expected outcome because we generate one for everyone, but if you limit who gets one and they come in with a role that doesn't, I am not sure what happens if they move up to a role that would get a personal folder. My expectation would be that they would get a personal folder on their next sign in, but I don't know if it would create one without a new sign in event.

I'd also recommend reaching out to support, if you haven't already.

• Options

Automatically allowing a personal folder with SSO (Single Sign-On) depends on the specific system or platform you are using and its configuration capabilities. Single Sign-On is a mechanism that allows users to authenticate once and gain access to multiple applications or systems without the need to provide credentials repeatedly.

In order to automatically allow a personal folder with SSO, you would typically need to integrate the folder or file storage system with the SSO solution. This integration can be achieved through various means, such as using standard protocols like SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) or OAuth (Open Authorization).

Here are the general steps involved in enabling SSO for a personal folder:

1. Set up the SSO solution: Implement or configure a suitable SSO solution that supports the required protocols for integration.
    2. Configure the personal folder system: Access the personal folder system and configure it to enable SSO integration. This might involve specifying the SSO provider's details, such as the identity provider (IdP) URL, certificate information, or client IDs.
    3. Establish trust between systems: Establish trust between the SSO solution and the personal folder system. This typically involves exchanging metadata or configuration details between the systems.
    4. Test and validate: Perform testing to ensure that the SSO integration is working as expected. Verify that users can log in to the personal folder system using their SSO credentials and access their respective personal folders seamlessly.

It's important to note that the exact steps and procedures may vary depending on the specific SSO solution and personal folder system being used. Additionally, you may need to consult the documentation or support resources provided by the systems you are working with for more detailed instructions tailored to your specific scenario.😎