Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

API Client Type for API call using oAuth2

Hello,

We are setting up to call Panopto REST API from a flow of Azure Logic Apps.

First, I think I have to create a "API client".

https://support.panopto.com/s/article/support-panopto-com-s-article-oauth2-client-setup

What should I choose for the "Client Type" in this case?

And, I think Azure Logic Apps will authenticate with OAuth2 for the API call.

Please let me know about settings for that.

Best regards,

Answers

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Kosuke,

Is this an application that will be running in the background without a user present, or will you expect the user to log in when they go to use the integration?

If this will be running in the background, I'd suggest you use a User-Based Server Application, and create an internal user in Panopto as a service account, with the permissions you will need for your integration. This will allow you to pass the service account's credentials in the request to get the access token.

If users will have access to a browser (if this is a web-application, for example) and you expect the user to be able to log in through Panopto, I would suggest using a Server-Side Web Application or Hybrid Web Application client. In this case, the user would be redirected to the Panopto OAuth2 endpoints to log in, and get an access token associated with their specific account.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin