Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Can we use the API to hook this event when a video is copied or moved to this folder?

Can we use the API to hook this event when a video is copied or moved to this folder?

What we would like to do is to set up this API in this folder and send an email when a video is copied or moved to this folder.

If such an API is available, please let me know which class to use.

Best Answers

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Masayuki,

Unfortunately, we do not currently have an API that can be triggered based on events such as moving or copying a video.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Options
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓

Hi Kevin,

If we try to make it happen, it would be good to create a mechanism to detect changes ourselves using GET /api/v1/folders/{id}/sessions.

https://demo.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Api/Docs/index.html#/Folders/Folders_GetSessions

Is this correct?

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Masayuki,

Yes, you can use the api/v1/folders/{id}/sessions API to get a list of sessions in that folder, and compare that to a stored list you would maintain to determine if there were any new sessions added in that folder since the last time you checked.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

Answers