Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Retrieve list of sessions owned by a user?

I'm trying to get a list of all sessions a user owns via API.

Am I correct that there is no API call or function to get a list of all the sessions a user owns? It looks like GetSessionsList gets all the sessions they can access, regardless of who owns them.

Is that accurate?

Answers

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Chaz,

You are correct that there is no API call on either our SOAP or REST API to get a list of all sessions owned by a user. GetSessionsList does get a list of sessions that the user has access to, regardless of who created or owned the session.

We do have some reports that include creator information such as the Sessions Created or Edited report, and it's possible to get a count of the sessions a user has created with the Total Sessions Created per User report, but those are both time based and cannot be filtered to a specific user when requesting the report. They could be filtered after the report is generated.

I hope that this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin