Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Obtaining the current recording for a given recorder ID
We are trying to determine the best way to fulfill a client's request using the REST API.
- We start recordings using the POST /API/v1/scheduledRecordings command, which provides us with a recording ID.
- The Recording ID is crucial for managing recordings, such as fetching the recording details or stopping the recording.
- Our challenge arises when recordings are initiated from the Web interface or are pre-scheduled. Under these circumstances, we lack a straightforward method to obtain the current recording ID for a given recorder.
- Is there a specific API call or method to retrieve the current recording ID for recordings started via the Web or scheduled in advance?
- We do have the Recorder ID
Thanks in advance for any assistance.