Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

how to create a personal folder via de SOAP/REST api

Hi,

Using the soap service, we can successfully create users dynamically.

Now we would like to dynamically create a persnal folder for these users via the API.

I have tried the REST api (POST /Panopto/api/v1/folders), but no luck there:

request

{"Name":"test","Description":"test2","Parent":"<guid of Users folder>"}

response:

{"Error":{"ErrorCode":"","Message":"createValue must be provided","Success":false,"ErrorSource":null}}

We do not want to use the webinterface because we have a high number of users, and want to automate this process.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Best Answers

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Kevin,

You can use the SOAP API to retrieve or create a user's personal folder. You can use the ISessionManagement.GetPersonalFolderForUser SOAP endpoint, which will create a personal folder for a user, if one doesn't already exist, when called by either that user or by a user with the administrator role in Panopto. The endpoint will return the user's personal folder whether it already existed or if it was created.

I hope that this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Options
    Eric PhetteplaceEric Phetteplace Whiz Kid
    Answer ✓

Sorry, if it's not clear, the WSDL for your instance will be at https://{HOST}/Panopto/PublicAPI/4.6/SessionManagement.svc?wsdl for the SessionManagement interface, for instance.

Answers