Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Notification of issue affecting LTI 1.3 graded assignments

Bill WolfBill Wolf Panopto Employee

Hello - We want to let you know about an issue affecting the time it takes for LTI 1.3 graded assignments to be reported back to your LMS.

What is the issue?

LTI 1.3 assignments based on video progress are intermittently delayed beyond our expected 24-hour turnaround time due to a backlog of jobs. 

Quiz-based grades are only affected by this issue in extremely rare cases where the grade book reporting queue is used as a fallback for what is typically a direct update upon quiz completion. 

Which versions of Panopto are affected?

Panopto Cloud

How do I tell if this affects me?

This issue has only been observed on the Panopto NA Cloud.

How do I mitigate the issue?

There is no mitigation available. The impacted gradebook reporting jobs are processed in the order in which they are received.

When will this be resolved?

We are currently processing more jobs than we are receiving and the backlog is shrinking. We are investigating a permanent fix for this issue and have no current ETA. We will update this post by February 23rd.

For any questions, please contact Panopto Support online at support.panopto.com.

Best Answer

• Options
    Bill WolfBill Wolf Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

The backlog of LTI 1.3 assignment results has been cleared. It is no longer taking more than 24 hours for results to appear in grade books.

We are introducing a mitigation to reduce the possibility for the problem to reoccur while we plan for a long-term solution. Additionally, alarms have been added to enable us to better detect this problem in the future.

For additional support, contact Panopto Support online at support.panopto.com.