Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Auditing logs

Hi team,

Is there an api SOAP or restful that I can use in getting User login logs into Panopto. I want to be able to determine how often ours Users at Linkedin are actually using the platform. I am hoping to get information like last login date, email for each user on our panopto instance (linkedin.hosted.panopto.com).

thanks,

Ruona

Best Answer

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Panopto does not currently have an API endpoint to get this information directly, however we do have the Last sign-in time per user report that you can use. This can be filtered by date, and providers the user name, user ID, email, date the user was added, and their last sign-in date.

You can create a one-time or recurring report from within Panopto, or use the IUsageReporting.CreateRecurringReport SOAP endpoint to create a recurring report, and the IUsageReporting.GetReport SOAP endpoint to download the reports once they are ready.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

Answers

• Options

Thank you so much Kevin. I am able to generate and download the report now using the soap api. However, it seems like the report that not get all the members. is there a way to generate a report with all the members last login information?

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hello,

If a user has not signed in, they would not be included in the report. If your report is missing users that you know have signed into Panopto within your selected time frame, please open a Panopto Support ticket so that we can look into this further.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Options

I just ran into this. I have users who own content in Panopto because it was automatically imported from Zoom, but who have never logged into Panopto.

It would be nice if there was a way to actually export Panopto user accounts.