Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Panopto Not Recording Screen on MacBook Air

edited April 24 in General Q&A
This is a little time sensitive because a project is due.

My wife was trying to record a presentation assignment with panopto last night, but she could not record her screen. We tried removing and the reinstalling the app, resetting her laptop, and even followed the instructions to give panopto permission to do screen recordings. All these attempts failed

I am assuming in order to record here screen the built in display should be selected so that the power point presentation can be recorded. That option I grayed out and not selectable.

If there is something I am missing please let me know!

We really need help with this and need the app to work so she can turn in her assignment. Please note, we are using the non-browser recorder per the professor’s instructions.

Thanks

Answers

• Options

I have yet to personally see that option be grayed out, but if you haven't already, I'd recommend trying to update the app. If that doesn't work, the IT folks at the institution should be able to assist directly or connect you with Panopto Support to assist.

This page also has some info about supported versions, if you haven't checked that already: