Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Will /searchIndexSync/updates include reference copies?

Michael EspeyMichael Espey Superstar

We are in the process of rearchitecting a data warehouse for Panopto data and I am trying to find the most efficient way to get a nightly sync of new sessions/changes to sessions. We had been using the "SessionsCreatedOrEdited" report, and that was working well, but that doesn't include Reference Copies so our list of sessions was incomplete when building out dashboards for faculty.

It seems like on the surface that this REST endpoint may work, but I want to confirm with Panopto if this is intended to include reference copies alongside full sessions.

Best Answer

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Michael,

I took a quick look, and reference copies should still be included in the SessionsCreatedOrEdited report. If you're seeing reference copies missing from this report, can you open a ticket with Panopto Support so we can look further into it?

Regarding the SearchIndexSync endpoint for use with the Panopto connector, that should also pick up information that has been updated from reference copies as well. You should also be able to use that to update search index changes (including new sessions and updates to existing sessions) as well. You can find more information about the Panopto Connector on our GitHub page: https://github.com/Panopto/panopto-index-connector#the-panopto-apis

I hope that this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin