Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

How can I get get all users and delete specific users?

As an admin, I would like to be able to query for all users and delete a certain user not needed anymore. However, there are no functionality in the API to do so. As a result, I was wondering what else I can do?

Best Answer

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Vanessa,

You can use Panopto's SOAP API to both get a list of users, filtered by a search term if you desire, and delete users as well.

You can use the IUserManagement.ListUsers SOAP API endpoint to list users, filtering by a search term if you'd like, as long as you have a Panopto account with admin privileges.

To delete users, you can use the IUserManagement.DeleteUsers SOAP API endpoint. Note that if you delete external or SSO users that still have access to the SSO system (such as an LMS or your SAML server) those users may be recreated if they log back into Panotpo again through your SSO provider.

I hope that this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin