Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Creator - API Client Scope Errors

A Creator asks: "I am writing to seek your assistance with a project involving batch downloading of videos from Panopto. As part of my work, I need to download multiple presentations in a batch for further processing.

To streamline this process, I attempted to create an API client to automate the downloads. However, I encountered an issue where the API client requires specific scopes to be assigned. The error message received was {"error":"invalid_scope"}, which indicates that the necessary scopes for accessing and downloading the videos are not currently assigned to the API client.

Could you please assist in assigning the following scopes to the API client I created:
api:read
api:write (if applicable)"

Please advise.

Thanks,

Bryan

Answers

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Bryan,

Which API endpoint were you trying to call when you saw that error? All of our public REST API endpoints should require the api scope but there shouldn't be any other scopes required outside of the remote recorder APIs at this time.

I'm also not sure which API you would be using to download the videos. If you can let me know which APIs you were trying to call, I'll be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Kevin