Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

I found the upload caption restful api and I have described what I tested.

I found the upload caption restful api and I have described what I tested.

1. upload a video via S3 upload API
  2. after encoding has done, upload caption via caption API (Delete caption and then upload caption in an orderly manner)
    Symptom
  3. when "delete" via API, it shows "status code 500 INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR"

After Panopto server has a denial, have the uploaded video re-process in processing management in Panopto server manually, then upload caption worked.
Can you help why this issue happens?

Tagged:

Answers

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Lim,

Are you trying to delete captions from the entire session or from a specific stream in the session? Can I also what what kind of captions were in the video (human caption provider or Panopto's Automatic Machine Captions), and had they already finished processing before you tried to delete them?

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Jay KimJay Kim Panopto Employee

@Kevin Baum Mr.Lim has tried to upload new captions to the video session via panopto caption API after uploading the video via Panopto S3 API after the video processing is entirely completed.

Once Mr.Lim manually re-processing the video session in Panopto server and then it worked the caption delete funtionality via caption api. If you have other questions please let Mr Lim know.

Thanks,

Jay

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Jay,

Please have Mr. Lim open a ticket with Panopto Support so I can gather more information to continue to investigate this.

Thanks,

Kevin