Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Can you provide an API instead of a click?

I want to click to log in and not click to play the video. Is there a way to do it with postmessage or API?

Answers

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hello,

Can you tell me a bit more about what you are trying to accomplish? If the user is not logged in, they should see a screen asking them to click to log into Panopto before the video can be fully loaded and played. Once they are logged in, the user should see the option to play the video.

Thanks,

Kevin

• In Safari, even if we log in, the video is played immediately only when we click on the screen due to third-party cookies.
    Since that part is an iframe, the click() event cannot be given.
    So, I think that if I give an action like clicking on that with postmessage, users will be able to watch the video without having to click.
    (SAML login has already been enabled)

Hello,

Do you mean the user is already logged into Panopto, or they are already logged into your SAML Identity Provider? With the Embed API, a user still needs to be logged into Panopto in order to play the video properly. When third-party cookies are disabled or limited, such as with Safari, the user does need to click to log into Panopto in all cases so that we can create an access token to use instead of third-party cookies. Unfortunately, we do not currently have a way to get around needing this additional click when using the Embed API.

Thanks,

Kevin

• @Kevin Baum

We are not using LMS and are only using SAML method. Is there any way to use it as access token?

Hello,

It shouldn't matter what type of external SSO provider you are using (either an LMS or a SAML provider). In either case, if the user needs to log in and third-party cookies are disabled when they try to view an embedded session, they should be able to click the button to log in from another browser window and receive a token for authentication to view the video.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

• What I mean is, I wish that black screen wouldn't appear.

It's the case when you're already logged in and it appears like that.

But I did share this with the support team.