Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Notification of issue affecting quality selection in Panopto for Mac

Bill WolfBill Wolf Panopto Employee

Hello - We want to let you know about an issue with changing the quality settings in Panopto for Mac.

What is the issue?

A critical macOS process crashes when Panopto for Mac is configured to preview a secondary screen with the Standard (Motion) or High (Motion) quality settings.

This operating system failure terminates all applications and forces the user to log back into the system.

Which versions of Panopto are affected?

This affects all supported versions of Panopto for Mac.

How do I tell if this affects me?

This only affects Panopto for Mac clients meeting all of the following conditions simultaneously:

How do I mitigate the issue?

Any of the following actions will successfully mitigate the issue:

• Disable preview for secondary screens
  • Do not attempt to use the following quality settings for secondary streams in Panopto for Mac:
    • Standard (Motion)
    • High (Motion)
  • Record with Panopto Capture in a supported browser such as Chrome or Firefox

When will this be resolved?

We are tentatively planning to resolve this issue with the Panopto for Mac release that is scheduled for the first half of the calendar year 2025.

For any questions, please contact Panopto Support online at support.panopto.com.