Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Notification of an issue affecting Panopto for Windows

Andy HachaAndy Hacha Panopto Employee
edited October 1 in Bug Reports

Hello - We want to let you know about an issue affecting the Panopto for Windows recorder that is causing some users to be intermittently signed out and preventing automatic upload.

What is the issue?

We have received reports that some Panopto for Windows users are being intermittently signed out while recording. As a result, the recording is stored as an offline recording and requires the user to sign back in for the upload to be successful.

How do I tell if this affects me?

Panopto for Windows users will see recordings on the Manage Recordings tab under “Offline Recordings” after completion.

How do I mitigate the issue?

We recommend that any affected user log out of the Panopto for Windows recorder, close the program, reopen it, and then log back in with the Panopto for Windows recorder. This should reestablish the connection needed for upload. More information on how to upload offline recordings can be found here.

We will update this post as soon as we have any updates. 

Best Answer

• Andy HachaAndy Hacha Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

This fix has now been applied to all cloud sites. Please get in touch with Panopto support if you continue to see this issue.

Answers

• Andy HachaAndy Hacha Panopto Employee

Our engineering team has identified the issue and is targeting the fix for the end of the week. We will update this post as soon as the fix has been applied.