Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

API code for downloading video

My programmer is doing API call to download Panopto video, however, he faced issue with it.

He used the code /api/v1/sessions/{id}, but there is no DownliadURL responded

How can he change it?

Answers

• Are you sure the session allows you to download it? The parent folder under Settings > Settings > Downloads can be set to allow "No one" (not even Admins? Seems weird that you're able to prevent admins from downloading something but that's what the options read like) to download it.

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hello,

If the DownloadUrl property is coming back as # that indicates that downloading videos has been blocked for either that session, all sessions in that folder, or on the entire site depending on the user's access level. You can check to see the download settings by looking at the Session Settings for that video, selecting the Overview tab, and then looking at the value for Downloads.

To check the download settings for the folder, open the Folder Settings for that folder, select the Settings tab, and look at the Downloads enabled settings.

Finally, a site admin can check the site-wide default by going to the System menu, selecting Settings, and then selecting Enable and Configure Features from the drop-down menu at the top. Find the settings called Downloads - Site-wide Default to see the site default for which users are allowed to download videos.

I hope that this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Hi Kevin

Thank you for advise, I check our download setting is set to only admin can download, and the programmer account is already admin account, is there anythings I need to check more?

Liu

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Liu,

Are you able to download the podcast from the Outputs tab in the Session Settings for that specific video and user? If so, please open a support ticket with Panopto Support and we can get some additional information from you to further investigate why you're not able to get the download URL from the API when the video is otherwise available to download.

If the video is not available to download from within the Panopto application, feel free to open a support ticket for that as well, but that would explain why the API doesn't show a download link. If a video is not downloadable from the Panopto Application, then the API will also not output a download link.

I hope that this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Hi Kevin

Thank you for advise, and I check I'm able to download the podcast video from Outputs tab, I will contact support to check it, thank you.