Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Download PDF files

I've recently started playing with the download PPT slides feature and think that's really cool. Can I feature request the same download ability for PDF files? I think these two features could be major time savers for both faculty and students.

5 votes

Already Offered · Last Updated

See the solution below

Comments

• Options
    Dave HannanDave Hannan Administrator

Hi Kevin - I wanted to make sure you knew that you upload and download PDFs in Panopto. See below for more information. We plan to allow PDFs to be downloaded the same way as PPT slides. Thanks. -Dave

• Options

Hi Dave,

I knew about the upload option, but was unaware of the download option until now. Thank you!!

Kevin

• Options

The button Dave is refering to is not part of Panopto but a browser level feature of some browsers, this looks like they're using Chrome in this case, Firefox and Safari support this but in different ways, and if the user still opts for the old fashioned Adobe Reader approach then this is again different.

The main point would be this only got added in the past few years so much older clients may not be able to do this.