Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

How to ensure data downloaded from the usage reports is unique?

Hello!

I am trying to download data from the following reports using the Soap API and load into our Postgres DB.

The reports are scheduled for Daily and Weekly.

How would I know what columns make each row unique? So i don't end up duplicating the data.

[
 'SessionUsage',

'SessionsViewsByUsers',

'SessionsCreatedOrEdited',

'SystemViews'

]

Eg:

SessionUsage columns:

Shows full folder hierarchy. Session Name, Session ID, Presenter, User ID, Email, Start Time, Folder Name, Views, Unique Viewers, Minutes Delivered, Average Minutes Delivered, Session Length, Rating Count, Average Rating, Folder Path.

SessionsViewsByUsers columns:

Username, User ID, Email, Session Name, Session ID, Minutes Delivered, Percentage Completed.

Thank you!!

Answers

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Nivetha,

Any of the reported fields that are GUIDs (such as the Session ID or User ID) should be unique to the specific object they reference. The data in the rows otherwise (for example, minutes delivered or percentage completed) may have overlapping or duplicated data, depending on the time range or how they are grouped together, but you can cross-reference them using the folder, session, or user ID.

Please let me know if that is helpful, or if there is something else you are looking for. If you have a specific use in mind, you may also want to reach out to your CSA to give them some more details on what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Kevin