Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Set the Default "availability" on newly provisioned folders

We use the workflow that requires the availability set to "never" so the user can then hit the publish button to make the recording available. We would love it if we could choose the default of a newly provisioned folder to "never". At the moment we are having to go into all folder once provisioned and set this manually.

I think others would also benefit from being able to change from the "immediate" default.

It being this time of year where we roll over all our modules I wondered if this had been considered a full 2 years later?

3 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• Options

Several universities are setting policies to this respect. My university is also thinking in something like this. This will apply to all LTI provisioned class folders. As indicated this will make the workflow more efficient and less error-prone. I think Panopto should explore this. For example, our remote classes that use Zoom, will record the zoom session, then the Panopto-Zoom integration will put the Zoom session in the respective Panopto class folder. However, the recording should only be available "on request" - not by default.