Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post
Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Additional metadata for GET sessions API
The API is well-developed for interacting with folders and sessions for recording purposes. However we've got another use case: we want to pull information out about the sessions so they can be indexed in our external discovery layer (aka "LibrarySearch") and found more serendipitously by our users.
For this, it would be helpful for the GET sessions API response to include:
- creation date (I only belatedly realised that the "start date" included is something completely different)
- human readable creator (currently one field has "unified\fitchetd" but we don't want to expose usernames in external systems so would like another field with "Deborah Fitchett")
- permissions information in some format (we only want our discovery layer to include videos that can be viewed by our staff and students in general, not private ones. The permissions may be too granular for this to be very tidy, but if permissions info is included in the API response then at least we'd be able to identify which sessions are completely open to the world with no restrictions.)
- video length (this is less important, but since I'm asking anyway it'd be nice to have)
- any other fields that may be developed in the main interface in future - eg I think we've asked for a license field so creators can add a copyright/Creative Commons license; or keywords; etc.
[originally posted in 2019 on the old forum but reposting as we just discovered it didn't migrate]