Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Processing time extremely slow

Hello. I just recorded a straightforward one-camera (USB), no mutliple screens, nothing video that was around 35 minutes. Now, more than 30 minutes later, it is only 45% processed. I opened the log on the progress of the processing, and see this entry:

"8/26/2020 9:00:16 AM: Fast path processing not supported for media import for Panopto Capture content (job id=3a370c78-457e-49fb-9425-ac230107946a)"

I cannot find anywhere in support a reference to "fast path processing not supported." What does that mean? Is this why it's so slow? What do I need to fix to have "fast path processing"?

I'm using the most current Firefox, and a Logitec HD webcam C525

Thanks.

Answers

• Options

It's now thirty minutes later, and now only 56% processed. Something must be wrong. Please help.

• Options
    KathrynKathryn Administrator

Hi Jeannie,

I'm so sorry that the processing time is so slow for your video. This is not the performance that we expect. Thank you for posting the log from your video. I am going to have our team investigate the issue and this should be enough information to do so.

• Options
    KathrynKathryn Administrator

Hi -

I did have our Team investigate why the processing was so slow for this video. This turned out to be caused by a bug, and a fix was released on Friday. You should hopefully not run into this processing issue for future videos. If you can, please try recording a test video and let me know if you experience any processing issues, but we do not expect that you will.