Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

On-Demand View - Disable or Hide

edited October 2020 in General Q&A

How do I make sure that a previously live video is not on-demand? We have have two speakers that need to sign contracts for us to make the on-demand view available. How do I make sure that no one can watch it? I want to make sure I have the right settings.

Thank you in advance!

Answers

• Options

What I might do in this case is just set the availability to end when the event is scheduled to end. This can be done through the session settings. (https://support.panopto.com/s/article/Publish-Videos-Using-the-Availability-Workflow)

One of the major drawbacks to the Webcast part of Panopto is that you are not able to restrict the "seek" function. There is a site wide setting to get rid of seek all together, but that wouldn't work for us. Without granular control like this available in the session, I am hesitant to recommend it to more than a few people.

Thank you,

Michael