Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Multiple Zoom Tenants?

edited October 2020 in Zoom

We currently have a single Zoom account tied to a singular Panopto setup. However, we are being forced to split the Zoom tenant in two (budget, management issues - we are two colleges but Panopto is shared).

Does Panopto or anyone here know if we can do an integration between two Zoom accounts, to a single Panopto account?

I am not referring to individuals here, rather to distinct managed Zoom tenants and a single Panopto tenant (not sure that is the language Panopto uses).

Anyone got any ideas?

Tagged:

Answers

• You can indeed have multiple Zoom tennant accounts integrated with Panopto. We only have a single tennant at the moment, but it is something that was explored previously.
    It is my understanding that you can even have them behave independently in that they each have their own configurations.
    It should be part 3 of this guide: https://support.panopto.com/s/article/How-to-Setup-a-Zoom-Integration#hTargetInstance2
  • Gracias Michael. I will check that out. Still seeing if we can keep things 'together' in Zoom with a single tenant but handle the non IT component through billing and common sense. I am in higher ed, common sense can be hard to find sometimes. ;)

• Michael, I don't have the second tenant up in Zoom yet - but from what you remember, if we start the integration process on the second tenant in Zoom, then on our Panopto install we would see, effectively, two instances there we can manage?

• Michael EspeyMichael Espey Superstar
    edited October 2020

I haven't done it with a second Zoom account in a production instance, but as far as I know, you will first have to give your current Zoom integration a name in Panopto, then you will be able to start the process of integrating the second Zoom account. If it is a sub-account, it gets messy, but it can work. Once they have been set up you will have a drop down in Panopto to switch between managing one or the other.