Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Hello - I merged three MP4 videos, but when I click Apply a message appears Failed to Apply Changes

The MP4 videos merged in the order I want them, but when I click "Apply" a message appears that says, "Failed to Apply Changes," but it does not say why it failed and I don't know what to do. The maximum number of hours have not been reached, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Answers

• I have had that error come up in two cases previously. One was when I was signed out of the IDP, signing in again in a new tab and reloading the editor fixed it there. The other was when someone took over editing while I was still editing, I think this one may have a different note now, but it would be worth a try to reload the editor.

Also, are you trying to merge sessions, or just adding a stream. I would strongly suggest the latter if you are trying the former. (https://support.panopto.com/s/article/How-to-Use-the-Build-a-Session-Feature)